Saturday, September 20, 2014

Give Me More Lip: Swatches and First Impression

Howdy all, 

Earlier this week Sephora released the Give me more lip set for the holiday season. Right now it is only available to VIB rouges but I am sure that it will soon be available to everyone and in stores so I wanted to show you some swatches and give you my thoughts on the set. 

It is $59 and if you are Rouge at Sephora sephora.com


The set: 



This set includes 17 delux size lip samplers in red, pink, nude, and berry categories.  

The reds: 
Hourglass liquid lipstick in Icon
Laura Mercier lip coolor in Red Amour 
Kat von D ever lasting liquid lipstick in Outlaw
Sephora Rouge Infusion in 10 Red Essence 

The berries: 
Occ lip tar/matate in Black Dahlia 
Tarte lipSurgence lip tink in Moody 
Fresh Sugar in Berry
Buxom lipstick in Menace


The pinks: 
Tarte lipSurgence power pigment in Flush 
Too Faced melted liquified long wear lipstick in Melted Fuchsia
Benefit Posie Balm 
Bite Beauty luminous creme lipstick in Palomino 

The Nudes: 
Makeup Forever Aqua lip crayon in Neutral beige 
Too Faced la creme lipstick in Naked Dolly 
Bare Minerals marvelous moxie lipstick in Speak your mind 
Laura Mercier lip glace in Blush 
Stila stay all day vinyl lip gloss in Nude


The swatches: 




Lip swatches and First Impressions:


First I would like to say that I know that these are not perfect lip swatches but they will give you an idea of what these lipsticks and glosses look like on lips. I do have pigmented lips so keep that in mind. If your lips are not as pigmented then each lipstick might look slightly different on you. However, for those of you with pigmented lips, this will give you a more accurate look :) 

All pictures were taken in natural lighting. 


My bare lips for reference. 

Makeup Forever lip liner in 3C neutral beige
it is very much my lips but better and I think I have finally found a nude lipliner I actually like 

Too Faced la creme lipstick in Naked Dolly
Not my favorite nude but I do love this formula, I have a couple of the full size lipsticks in it and it is super comfortable though not long wearing. 

Bare Minerals marvelous moxie lipstick in Speak Your Mind
Really nice nude, it has enough pink in it to make me feel comfortable wearing it

Laura Mercier lip glacé in Blush
I am not a lipgloss person but this one is very comfortable and pretty


Stila stay all day vinyl lip gloss in Nude
This is a more rubbery formula, one that I am not used to so this is not my favorite. However it does look very nice


Bite Beauty luminous creme lipstick in Palomino
I love the bite lipsticks, they are super comfortable and wear nicely throughout the day. I already had Palomino (it is available in a duo at Sephora) so I know I love it!

Benefit Posie Balm
I have to say that this one was a huge disappointment. I tried clicking it up and would not go back down again then the inside just fell off... The actual balm in very nice, sheer but it's a balm so very comfortable.    

Too Faced Melted liquified long wear lipstick in Melted Fuchsia
Llovely formula and it's a resent release so if you have not tried any of these, this set is a good way to try it. It is a matte formula, the color is wonderful and it is long wearing. 

Tarte LipSurgence power pigment in Flush
Super comfortable formula and a pretty color

Buxom lipstick in Menace
this one came in last years set and it is a lovely vampy color, the formula is comfortable and easy to apply. 

Fresh Sugar Berry
Super nourishing formula though it's very sheer so you don't grab this one for the color, it's all about the formula. 

Tarte LipSurgence lip tink in Moody: 
Moisturizing formula that applies very nicely but color is sheer. This is actually a nice berry especially if berries scare you a bit. 

OCC Lip Tar/Matt lin Black Dahlia
This is a formula that if sheered out is not scary at all, though it can go much darker and dramatic :) I chose an in between application, so know that it can go on a bit lighter and darker. The only thing that I don't like about the lip tars is that you need a brush and you need to be careful with applications so they are a bit high maintenance for me but great for a special occasion. For this reason I love that this is not a full size, last year there was a full size and I rarely pick it up. 

Sephora rouge infusion in 10 Red Essence
This is a nice red, the formula is actually comfortable and I am really liking the color on me. 

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw
This was the hardest one to remove so I am sure that it is long lasting. The color is vibrant and gorgeous.  

Laura Mercier lip colour in Red Amour
This is an easier application than any of the other reds. It is not as vibrant as the Kat Von D but it is still gorgeous. 

Hourglass liquid lipstick in Icon
This one was also in las-year's set and it is a really gorgeous color on me. It is also available for individual purchase ($10) at Sephora. 

Overall: 

This set is worth while. I did notice that we got less full-sizes than last year so that might annoy people. I never go through these so I am happy with the sizes and selection. There is a good variety of excellent brands and colors. 

Parting Thoughts: 
-Let me know if you have any questions and if you are planning on picking it up! 
-The holidays are still far away but holiday sets are here, so my wallet is going to be in some pain :/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment