Monday, September 15, 2014

September Ipsy bag

Howdy all,

I received my ipsy bag late last week and have spent the weekend playing with my goodies so that I could write first impression reviews. Spoiler alert: This is one of my favorite bags so far.

The goods: 



Sally Hansen Miracle gel nail polish in Redgy and the top coat
Cailyn Art Touch tinted Lip gloss in 09 Basic Instinct 
Be a Bombshell smooth criminal powder
Pacifica eyeliner in fringe 
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! deep conditioning mask 


The reviews 


I've been eyeing the Sally Hansen gel polishes fro a while and now I don't have to buy them to try them :) The color I got is perfect for my taste and I think it works as a good color as we transition into Fall. 

The Be a Bombshell powder works great as a setting/finishing powder and has actually done a great job of controlling my oils. It has been better than the powder I have been using. I am so impressed and while I won't need a new powder for a while, this is my go to right now. I want to add that I live in Southern California, where it is really hot and humid and this powder still held up. 

The Pacifica eyeliner takes some time to build up to the intensity that I like but it stays on all day without melting. This is extremely important to me and the fact that it is cruelty free, is a huge plus. 

The Briogeo hair mask is great! I actually bought the full size a couple of weeks ago and I am super happy to have a nice one to travel with :) 

The Cailyn lip gloss is the one product giving me the most trouble. The first time I tried it, I hated it. I just didn't like the consistency of it or the way it feathered. However the second time was not so bad and I just tried it yet again and it's not so horrible but still not something I think that I will be reaching for. 

Overall, I am very pleased with my bag!

Parting thoughts:
- What did you all get in your ipsy bags? How do you like them? 
- I hope everyone is having a great start to the week! 
- If you are going through a rough patch, remember that you are not alone and don't be afraid to lean on friends and family. 

xoxo Cynthia 


No comments:

Post a Comment