Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tarte Away Oui Go Portable Palette and Collector's Set

Howdy everyone,

My Ulta order finally came in and the palette/set I was most excited to play with was this Tarte set. It is $48 exclusively at ulta.com. There is a separate limited edition Holiday palette and set at Sephora but I was most interested in this one.

The Set: 


It is a gorgeous set with 16 shadows and 4 blushes plus 3 sample size maracuja lip glosses and a Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. 

The shades all have French inspired names, which I love!


The Swatches: 

The set is divided into 4 different sets that can be removed and taken to go so I swatched every set individually. 

 From top to bottom on the swatches: 
Marvel at the Mona Lisa (matte)
Tea for Two (satin)
Café for Crème Brûlée (matte)
Private Chateau (matte)
Blush: Irresistible (matte)
First Impressions: There are gorgeous shades! They are pigmented and soft textured, the blush will be perfect for lighter skin tones but will also go with a natural look on those of is with darker complexions. 
 From top to bottom: 
Art in Montmartre (satin)
Kisses Under the Arc (satin)
Champagne & Chocolat (shimmer)
Macarons For You (matte)
Blush: Envisioned-light pink/brown with some shimmer
First Impression: This is the only quad that I have used on my eyes. Macarons For You blended (matte) a bit too well into my skin and was not very noticeable as a crease shade but it is gorgeous. They rest of the shades are shimmery but are not glittery, the texture is more of a satin. They look really gorgeous on the eye. It worked great as a natural eye look with some shine. The blush is a very natural light color but does have some shine. It still worked on my skin. 

From left to right: 
Champs-Élysées Shopping (matte)
Stargazing on the Seine (shimmer)
Eiffel Tower engagement (matte)
Secret Soiree (satin)
Blush: Limitless-peachy matte 
First Impressions: This shadows swatched so beautifully, I am especially excited about using Secret Soiree 

From top to bottom: 
Liaison at the Louvre (matte)
Midnight Stroll (matte)
Navigating the Metro (satin)
Snow Angels (shimmer)
Blush: Intrigue-pink matte 
First Impressions: I am most excited about the blush in this palette and of the shades Midnight Stroll looks like a gorgeous matte purple/mauve. They all swatched beautifully. 

From left to right: 
Paris-depper pink
Cannes-light pink 
Nice-nude 
 First Impressions: The glosses, I actually likes despite not usually liking glosses. They are sticky but they settle comfortable on the lips after a few minutes. They are all pretty sheer so don't expect too much color but I do still think they are worth it. 


Over all: 

I think this is a great set. The travel aspect of it is a bit of a gimmick but The eyeshadows and blushes are beautiful and I was even impressed with the glosses. Again the glosses are not very pigmented but they do give the lips a nice wash of color and feel very comfortable. The shadows on the other hand are very pigmented and beautifully textured. I did not but the set that was very similar to this one, from last year, so I can't compare it. The whole set is bulky and I wish the shade names were printed on the actual palettes. They are printed on the back so that's better than nothing but I prefer them printed where I can easily see them. However, I do think that this set is very worth it. 

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them!

Parting thoughts: 
-Full review and looks coming soon!
-I hope everyone is having a great week. 

*I purchased this set with my own money and all thought and opinion are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment