Sunday, October 19, 2014

Vice 3 swatches and review

Howdy all,

I don't own either of the first two Vice palettes but I really wanted to try the Vice 3 so I picked it up with my Ulta points :)

The palette: 




I HATE the packaging and I seem to be in the minority on this but the plastic feels flimsy and I don't like the design... However, packaging is not everything and I do really enjoy the color selection and overall quality of the shadows. 


The swatches: 

As a reference, I am NC42 in MAC foundations, though my hand is probably more tan


From left to right
Top row: 
DTF-its a brown/gray shadow that seems to have a sheen to it but shows up like a matte 
Downfall- a matte brown that's perfect for the crease 
Undone- a light brown that comes off almost nude on my skin 
Truth- is a light pink and perfect as a matte highlight on me 
Botton row: 
Brokedown- a metalic green/brown that is quite unique, but powdery 
Heroine- a matte blue! It is pigmented but I have not used it yet to see how it performs 
Freeze- is a gorgeous metalic teal 
Dragon - a grean with a bit of a sheen 



First row: 
Bobby Dazzle- a shimmery white
Reign- a brown taupe 
Lucky- a shimmer caramel 
Vanity- shimmery purple 
Second Row: 
Sonic- I am not sure how to describe this shimmery color, it has some peach, coral...
Bondage- is a deep purple/pink dual chrome, it has a lot of dimension
Alchemy- a deep pink shimmer 
Alien-shimmery pink 
Third Row: 
Revolver- is a dark blue/gray shimmer 
Defy- is a matte gray
Angel- is a shimmer taupe/gray 
Last Sin-is a beautiful champagne shimmer, i've used this all over the lid and comes off beautiful 


The Review: 

When I first got it, I was not at all sure how I felt. At first glance the palette looked nice but nothing really stood out to me. Then I swatched it and started creating looks with it and have grown to appreciate it. It is a VERY versatile palette. You can do all all matte or all shimmer look, you can do nudes or all brights, and there are tons of options. Is it s must have? Not if you have this kind of palette already but if you are just building your collection then this will make a nice addition. 





No comments:

Post a Comment