Friday, August 22, 2014

Weekly Favorites

Howdy all,

So, I've been super tired this week from my teaching schedule and have not felt like being too fussy with my makeup each morning, and these products have helped. I have had oily skin right now and I need my makeup to last all day. I do take it off at the end of the night and have been taking care of my skin but the last few weeks have really been a test to see which products are the most long wearing.


Favorites: 




Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette: this palette makes is it so I don't even have to think about my eye look and get really pretty looks. I do and Cut the Cake are two of my favorite shades :)

Tarte CC colored clay primer and Amazonian Colored Clay liquid foundation in Tan have been my go to for the past 3 weeks. When I first used this foundation, I really did not like it. It looked a bit heavy and too noticeable but I think I was using the wrong primer and now that my skin is oily, this foundation has been perfect. I apply it over the Tarte primer, which I love because it really does hide discoloration all on its own.

Tarte BB tinted under eye corrector in Medium to tan: I love this corrector so much that I have hit pan on it. I hear the new one is even better and I can't wait to try it but for now this guy has been a huge help as a deal with huge undereye circles.

Nars radiant creamy concealer in Biscuit: I got this baby a while back and have tried a few concealers int he mean time but I find that this concealer does the job with minimal work. I don't use it to highlight just to hide my panda eyes and the color is perfect for that. If I also wanted it to highlight I would probably get a lighter color but Biscuit  matches my skin color, so I find it perfect for a quick conceal as I run out the door.

Pumpkin and Poppy Oil Absorbing Mineral Veil: I use this to set my makeup and I feel like it makes a difference and holds my oil at bay for 8 hours

Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender: Unfortunately my oils eventually become noticeable, even with the mineral veil. That is when the face defender comes to the rescue. Just a light application and the oil is gone and my face is matte. Everyone with oily skin needs to have this guy. It's expensive but you can currently find it in a kit at Ulta for $49 Ulta.com. It is worth it, if you can afford it.

Parting thoughts: 

-What have you all been loving this week?
-Anyone else super tired?

Lots of love,
~ Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment