Sunday, August 17, 2014

August ipsy bag and first impressions

Howdy all!

I've been working and totally exhausted lately but getting my ipsy bag this month has completely rekindled my makeup addiction.

My Bag: 



The goods: 
Urban Decay Perversion mascara 
Absolute New York You're the Balm in grape
Dr. Brandt Pores No More primer
Lord & Berry black eyeliner 
Coastal Scents blush sampler 
I did't get a good shot of the bad but I think that it's super cute! I love the orange polka dots. 

The look:



First Impressions: 


I used everything in this month's bag except for the Perversion mascara because I want to review that one individually :) 
-The Dr Brandt primer worked really well with my Kat Von D Lock it liquid foundation and I think it's making me like the foundation (not my favorite but needs to be used). 
-The Coastal Scents blushes are very pigmented so pigmented that I actually went overboard with them and had to go back in with my beauty blender to tone them down. I did use the Makeup Forever dream HD blush (not from ipsy) as a base and it was so not needed. The cream blush also does not need anything on top of it and is beautiful on its own. 
-The Lord & Berry eyeliner was the one disappointment, it doesn't stay on my waterline and faded throughout the day. Net time I will try toping it with a black shadow but that's a bit too high maintenance for me right now. 
-The Absolute New York balm on the other had was the big stand out for me. My lips are super dry all the time and the balm actually made a big difference, it also really spells like grape. I loved the smell and I like to say that my nose doesn't work (allergies usually stuff it up) so I was happy to get a huge whiff of grape :) 
-As you can see from the picture I also used the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and a Maybelline color tattoo 

Parting Thoughts: 

-What did you all get in your bags this month? 
-I hope everyone had a great weekend :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment