Sunday, November 9, 2014

Smashbox On the Rocks: 3 Looks and Review

Hi everyone!

I have been having so much fun playing with the Smashbox On the Rocks palette. My previous post has swatches and shadow descriptions, if you are interested!

The palette is limited edition and available at Ulta for $42 for 28 shadows.


The Review: 

This palette is excellent! The shadows are pigmented and easy to blend. There is a variety of finishes and colors. If you don't have a palette with a nice variety and options. I would definitely get this one. If you have a complete collection this might not add much. I don't see too many unique shades in here but there are some beautiful taupes and lavender/purple shades. They are powdery so if you hate that, this won't be for you. On the other hand, they are not so powdery that it's a turnoff for me. I would actually compare them to the Lorac shadows, though these might not be quite so powdery.

The looks: 


Look 1

I wore this look to work, so I kept it natural looking but made it interesting by using the lavender :) 
What I used: 
Marzipan all other my lid on top of MAC's paint pot in painterly
Totally Nude on my crease
Sable in the outer corner 
Lavender on the lid
Snow as a browbone highlight 
A bit of Moonlight on the inner corner 

Look 2 

This was my fun weekend look and my favorite look with this palette, so far
What I used:
A mix on Marzipan and Totally Nude on my crease
Mink all over my lid 
Cabernet on the outer corner and taken into the crease just a bit
Snow as a browbone highlight  
I love everything about this look, but Cabernet is probably the standout shade :)

Look 3 


This was my colorful look!
What I used: 
Marzipan all over the lid on top of MAC's paint pot in painterly 
A mix of Totally Nude and Sable on my crease
Peacock on the lid 
Navy on the outer corner and taken into the crease a bit 
Snow as a browbone highlight 
Moonlight in the inner corner 
The standout from this look was Navy, which is a beautiful navy blue :) It blended well and I think looks stunning. 

I am very happy with the palette and the looks that I can make with it. Let me know if you would like to see more looks with it. I will also try to answer any questions you might have!

xoxo,
Cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment