Sunday, July 20, 2014

No-buy July Challenge: 3 Looks

Howdy all,

I have been on a no-buy this month. I'm doing it for several reasons: I want to wait and buy makeup in the fall/winter season when all the limited edition palettes come out, plus I want to use up some of what I have since I've been neglecting parts of my collection.

I decided to challenge myself to use palettes that have been neglected and I started with Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things. This was a limited edition palette from this recent holiday season. It is a gorgeous palette but I have not been reaching for it lately.

The palette: 



The Looks: 



Shadows used: 
Cream Colored Ponies all over as a base and as a brow bone highlight
Taffy all over the lid 
Ooh la Orchid on the outer corner and crease 
Soirée to deepen up the outer corner 



Shadows used: 
Cream Colored Ponies all over as a base and as a brow bone highlight
Chocolate Milk on the crease and blended up 
Soirée in the outer V 
Coquet all over the lid (wet)
Whiskers on Kittens in the inner corner (wet) 


Shadows used: 
Tinsel all over lid 
Chocolate Milk in the crease and blended up 
Dark Chocolate in the outer corner
Cream Colored Ponies as a brow bone highlight 

The Review: 


I love this palette. You might have noticed but I love Cream Colored Ponies, it is a wonderful matte cream color. Coquet is a mix of pink and gold that comes off golden but the pink is there if you pay attention. Chocolate Milk should be in every palette, seriously it is great for blending shadows and on the crease. Other great shadows are: Honey Honey, Bouche de Noel and Crisp Apple Strudel. I did not swatch everything for you because this palette was swatched by everyone when it came out. 

The palette as a whole is very complete with the inclusion of  Chocolate Soleil, Sun Bunny (both bronzers), and Raindrops on Roses and Melt into Spring (both blushes). I took this palette with me when I was visiting family for the holidays and I had lots of fun with it. I think I stopped using it because it felt like it was a holiday palette but it is actually a great year round palette. Now I know that I can do good summer looks with it. 

I will be using it 3 more days and then I will move on to another neglected palette for 5 days. Not sure which one yet but I might go with the Lorac Pro (original). 

Parting thoughts: 

-Do you have this palette? What looks have you been doing with it? If you have not been using it maybe I can inspire you to use it. If you do, please share pictures with me on instagram :) 
-Is anyone else on a no-buy or low-buy? 
-I hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment