Sunday, July 13, 2014

July ipsy bag

Howdy all,

So I received my ipsy bag yesterday! I have been getting my bags quickly, I think that's because I am in Southern California and it looks like they ship out of Compton, CA. I am pretty happy with my bag, there was just one product I have no clue what to do with. The items with mini reviews and a look of the day are below!

My bag: 



1. Pop Beauty sunkissed bronzer in secret sunshine: On my face it looks a lot like the Balm's Bahama Mama but that one is matte and this one has some shimmer though it does not show up on my skin. 

2. Sexy Hair healthy sexy hair soy renewal beach spray: I did use it after a shower yesterday and I did not notice huge results. I do have curly hair so I am not going to get instant "beach hair." I do love all the ingredients though and will continue to use it. 

3. Hang Ten dark tanning oil: I loved the Hang Ten sunscreen we got in a previous bag and I really like the company for being natural and cruelty free but I don't know what this brown woman is supposed to do with a bronzer. I would try it out on my legs except I live in So Cal and they are already tanned... 

4. Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB advanced performance cream shadow in the shade divine wine: Haven't used it yet because it is a dark brown and I have to figure out a look to use it in. I think I will use it as a base. I did swatch it and then tried to take it off and it does not budge by just rubbing it. I will use it in a look and report back either here or on instagram. 

5. Pixi tinted brilliance balm in Pretty Pink: It's a balm but still has nice pigmentation and looks really nice on my lips and with my tan complexion. Seriously brown/Olive/tanned ladies don't be afraid of colors like this :) 

Look of the day: 


Using the Pop Beauty bronzer the Pixi balm and the Sexy Hair beach spray. 

I really like the look of the bronzer and adore the Pixi lip balm. 


Here you can see my hair better. It's still wet but so far looks the same it always does.


Here's a swatch of the cream shadow.

Parting thoughts: 

-I have a lot of work today, help! ;) 
- I am working on a post debunking myths about what makeup works of olive complexions/women of color. I've been noticing a lot of women hesitate to buy/use certain things because they think it's not for them. Yes products will look different on us than they do on pale skin tones but that does not mean that we cannot rock those products. Nudes on drown/dark skin are totally different than they are on light/medium skin tones and I have lots of thoughts on all of this, so check back for more :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment