Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Girl Meets Palette: My first impression

Now that I've had some time to just admire the beauty that is Too Faced à la mode Eyes, I can now play with it. I've only used it once so this is definitely a first impressions and not a review. A review will come later :)


These are the shadows swatched on my Medium/Tan skin. I've never been matched at MAC but I should be NC37/NC40. Every shade except St Tropez shows up nicely on my skin and I am especially impressed with how gorgeous Soleil and Côte d'Azure are.

The look I went with today:
Riviera on the browbone and inner corner
Jardin in the inner third 
Cannes in the rest of the lid 
Soleil on the crease then I mixed in a bit of Côte d'Azure 
Cannes again as a transition 
Jardin and Soleil on the lower lashline 

I am very happy with the look. It will be perfect for the Spring and Summer! On the other hand not all the shadows were great. Cannes was REALLY flaky even with a base; thought I was still able to work with it. Jardin did not show up as much as I hoped it would, but Soleil and Côte d'Azure are beautiful an I found them easy to work with. I will have to try Monaco and De La Mer in a look tomorrow :)   

All of the products I used: 

Product list: 
Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer potion
NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk 
NYX Le Frou Frou mascara 
No 7 Amazing Eyes Pencil in 05 Black
I also used the brush that came with the NKED 3 palette 

Finally, in case you are interested in the looks that the palette comes with: 

I love that Too Faced includes looks with their palettes. They are a great way to start playing with the palette and a huge help when one is starting out with makeup and palettes. 

What looks have you guys come up with? I would love to see them so share your thoughts and I would love to check out your blogs if you've done a look with this à la mode Eyes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment