Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sally Hansen's Reformulation

Howdy all,

This week I have been hearing a lot about the reformulations of a few, much loved Sally Hansen Hard Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color.

Colors being reformulated: 

Pacific Blue
Mellow Yellow
Coral Reef

At least these are the confirmed (by instagramers) reformulations. @youngwildandpolished has the most complete information on this.

Before today these colors were not in my collection but people have been raving about them and the anger about the reformulation has made it clear that they are worth trying. Therefore, I headed over to my local Ulta and CVS to see if I could find any of the old formula.

You can still find the old formula but it is being fazed out and the new formula is definitely out there.

My findings: 

At Ulta I found both the new and old formula but purchased the last older formula of Pacific Blue, Coral Reef was completely sold out but there were only old formulas of the Mellow Yellow. My CVS only had the old formulas though Coral Reef was sold out.

How to tell the difference? The new formula has larger lettering and is visibly darker. For a side by side comparison I will direct you to @youngwildandpolished

My haul: 



I managed to snag two Pacific Blues and one Mellow Yellow (I made sure not to buy out my CVS)
At Ulta Sally Hansen were 50%off making each $2.99 and I used $3.50 off $10 coupon. (I bought a Cover Girl Lipstick as well). In the end I paid $1.56 for each polish, a great deal!

At CVS I was only going to check availability but decided to buy just one more, either as a back up or maybe gift it to someone. At CVS an individual polish is $3.49 (cheaper than the regular price at Ulta) and I used a $1 off manufacturer coupon. With taxes I paid $2.77. The Ulta deals are definitely better but Sally Hansen is buy 1 get 1 50% off and that could turn out really well if you have any extra bucks. 

I have not been able to try the polishes out yet. Stress has made my nails weak and I am currently trying to grow out chipping and yellowness. 

If you love these products I would go hunting for them and make sure to get the best deal possible! Has anyone found any other deals on these babies? I have a Walgreens and Rite-Aid I can check out but wasn't able to check them on the same trip. Plus I knew I had coupons I could use at Ulta and CVS :)

Parting Thoughts:  
- I mentioned @youngwildandpolished a lot she is my go to nail polish authority so go check out her instagram and youtube channel. She is hilarious and no nonsense.  


No comments:

Post a Comment